Covid Inspection Policy
In light of the ongoing Coronavirus threat, we want to reassure each of our clients and members of the public that we continue to take our responsibilities with regards to both your safety and that of our team seriously.
In order to keep all parties safe and minimise the risk of spreading the virus we have put together the following policy. We kindly ask that you work with us by following the guidance outlined below.
What we will do:
- When a booking is made we will ask for confirmation that no one in the property is suffering from Covid symptoms, been in contact with anyone who has symptoms or had a positive test result or has had a positive test result themselves.
- Prior to attending the appointment, we will ring and ask for confirmation that no Covid cases have developed since the appointment was booked.
- We cannot enter a property where there is an active Covid case and so may need to delay the booking or, if already on site, we may need to abort the appointment and return at a later date.
- We will sanitise our hands upon entering the property and upon leaving the property.
- We will wear masks and, where necessary, gloves for the duration of any internal inspection.
- Should the Surveyor develop symptoms or receive a positive Covid test result in the 48 hours following the inspection you will be notified.
What we ask you to do:
- It is important that you make us aware of any Covid symptoms or positive test results at the property as soon as you become aware of them. The inspection cannot proceed in this instance and we will be happy to rearrange the appointment for a later date.
- We respectfully ask that occupants vacate the property for the duration of our visit.
o For guidance on the length of a visit:
▪ a HomeBuyer’s Report this may be 2-3 hours.
▪ a Building Survey 3-5 hours.
▪ These timescales are dependent on the scale and condition of a property.
▪ Other inspections are likely to require a minimum of 1 hour.
o If necessary, we can provide a greater estimate of time required at the time of booking or when we arrive on site.
- If it is not possible for occupants to vacate a property we ask that occupants remain in an alternative room to that which the Surveyor is in.
- Where it may be necessary to interact with the Surveyor, we ask that this is kept as brief as possible, a 2-metre distance is maintained and that a mask is worn by all parties. We also suggest that windows are opened enough to allow airflow in order to reduce risk of airborne transmission of the virus.
- Please ensure doors/windows/hatches are unlocked and left open for our Surveyor during their visit. This allows the Surveyor to touch as few surfaces as possible. Where the Surveyor needs to touch a surface, this will be done with gloves.
- Should any person in the property or who is present for the inspection develop Covid symptoms or receive a positive Covid test result in the 48 hours following the appointment we kindly ask that you contact our office to let us know.
We recognise that we are working in extraordinary times and that Government guidance and Health and Safety advice is changing regularly. We can assure you that we are working hard to ensure that we are able to continue working in a way that keeps both you and our team as safe as possible during this difficult time.
If you have questions or concerns regarding our policy please contact us with all details available at and we would be happy to discuss it with you.